Here is a delicious chicken recipe in supreme sauce, vegetables and delicious rice.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
Chicken in supreme sauce:
- 1 hen of 2 to 2.2 kg tied
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves
- 4 carrots
- 4 leeks
- 2 branches of celery
- 1 bouquet garni
- 50 g butter
- 50 g flour
- 15 cl of heavy cream
- coarse salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 onion
- 60 g butter
- 280 g arborio rice
- 15 cl of wine
- 30 g of parmesan
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- Salt, 10 peppercorns
Chicken in supreme sauce, vegetables and delicious rice
Prepare the hen:
- In a casserole dish, place the hen and cover it with water. Bring to a boil,
season with coarse salt, then simmer and cover for 2:30.
- During this time, peel and wash the onion, prick it with the cloves.
- Peel and wash the carrots.
- Wash and cut the leek greens to 2/3.
- Wash, thin and cut the celery into sections.
- Skim the surface of the casserole dish regularly and place the vegetables on it with the bouquet garni and pepper.
Cook for another 30 minutes.
- Filter and degrease the broth, place it back in the casserole dish with the hen.
Make the supreme sauce:
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, place the flour, mix and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Leave to cool then pour, ladle after ladle, 50 cl of hot broth.
Cook until the sauce thickens, then stir in the cream. Season.
For the delicious rice:
- Peel, wash and chop the onion, brown it in 30 g of butter. Add the rice, pearl and pour in the wine. Evaporate 1 minute then pour 1 l of hot broth. Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Season with salt, peppercorns and nutmeg. Stir in the remaining butter and the grated Parmesan.
- Cut the hen into pieces and serve it with its sauce, vegetables and rice.
To pearl the rice, coat it well in the butter until it becomes translucent (without browning). Above all, do not rinse it, it will lose
part of its starch, essential for the success of the risotto.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel