Full of freshness, light and colorful, the fruit and flower soup is an ideal way to end a meal in style!
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 30 cl of water
- 50 g cane sugar
- 1⁄2 vanilla pod
- 1 tea bag
- 125 g of strawberries
- 125 g of raspberries
- 125 g of currants
- 10 cl of rosé wine
- 100 g heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon of cane sugar
- 4 strands of basil
- Some borage flowers
Fruit and flower soup recipe
In a pot,
- Bring the water to a boil, add the sugar, vanilla bean and tea bag.
- Remove from the heat, cover and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea and continue infusing the spices, covered.
- Let cool (about 30 minutes).
- Wash and dry the fruit.
- Hull and cut the strawberries.
- Shell the currants.
- Gather the fruits in a salad bowl. Pour in the cooled syrup and rosé wine and let macerate for 2 hours, covered and in the fridge.
- Whip the heavy cream into a whipped cream with the cane sugar. Cover with cling film and place in the refrigerator.
When ready to serve:
- Wash and chop the basil.
- Prepare the fruit soup,
- Add a quenelle of whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and borage flowers.
- Enjoy immediately!
Learn more about raspberries
According to the myth, the raspberry was originally white ... As the nymph Ida, daughter of the King of Crete and Jupiter's nurse, was picking berries to appease the child's hunger, she scratched her breast with the thorns of the wild bramble.
Thus, by divine intervention, raspberries, which until then were white, were forever tinged with red ...
- Read also : Growing flowers to eat them
Recipe: A. Beauvais
Photo: A. Beauvais - F. Hamel