We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Let yourself be seduced by this delicious recipe for guinea fowl thighs with lentils and smoked bacon cream.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 35 g butter
- 1 tbsp. oil soup
- 4 guinea fowl legs
- 250 g of lenses green du Puy
- 1 bouquet garni (1 sprig of thyme, 1 bay leaf, 3 parsley stems, 1 green leek)
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Smoked bacon cream:
- 3 shallots
- 250 g smoked bacon
- 30 cl of liquid cream
- Salt flower
Guinea fowl thighs with lentils, smoked bacon cream
- Peel and wash the onion and carrot. Cut them into cubes.
- In a frying pan, place 15 g of butter and the oil, brown the guinea fowl thighs.
- Quickly rinse the lentils in cold, unsalted water.
In a pot,
- Sweat the onion and carrot in the remaining 20 g of butter, add the lentils, 3 times their volume in water, the bouquet garni, and season.
- Bring to a boil for 5 minutes, then lower the heat.
- Add the guinea fowl legs to the lentils and cook together over low heat in and covered for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Monitor the cooking of the lentils (they should remain a little firm) and check the cooking of the guinea fowl legs.
Meanwhile, prepare the smoked bacon cream:
- Peel and chop the shallots.
- Cut the smoked bacon into lardons.
- In a saucepan, brown the smoked bacon without fat, add the chopped shallots and the cream. Cook over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, season with fleur de sel. Mix and filter.
- In a dish, place the lentils (remove the bouquet garni), place the guinea fowl thighs on top. Serve with the smoked bacon cream.
The lenses Greens from Le Puy are delicious cooked with meats (ham, bacon and other pieces of pork, sausages, veal, duck, etc.) with which they are imbued with the fragrance.
If any leftover cooked lentils remain, they will also be delicious mixed in a velvety soup with a hint of cream or served as a salad topped with small bacon, diced cooked carrots, shallot and a spicy vinaigrette.
- Read also: health benefits and virtues of lenses
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: F. Hamel