We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
You want to make a good gratin dauphinois, here is an original recipe to succeed and enjoy this essential dish from good French tables.
Ingredients for 4-6 people:
- 1 to 1.5 kg of potato firm pulpit
- Milk + heavy cream
- Grated cheese (emmental type)
- Salt pepper, nutmeg
To discover: the gratin dauphinois with Comté
Gratin dauphinois recipe
Preheat your oven to 180 °
- Preferably choose a variety of firm potato charlotte type
- Peel them, remove the brown parts and wash them well in cold water.
- Cut them into thin strips, either by hand or with your robot.
The thinner the strips, the better your gratin will be
- Butter the bottom of your gratin plant with a little finely chopped garlic. You can also rub the bottom of the dish with garlic before adding the butter.
- Then arrange your potato slices, alternating with milk, cheese, garlic, salt, pepper and a little nutmeg (optional).
- In the middle of the dish replace
- Continue like this, alternating potatoes, grated cheese, milk and garlic, until you reach the top of your dish.
The amount of garlic depends on your preferences. Some put it on each level, while others prefer to use less depending on the desired taste.
The cream makes the gratin smoother but she is not mandatory. You can put only milk or replace it with light liquid cream.
- Once at the top cover everything with a good layer of grated cheese in order to brown it.
Smart cooking about gratin dauphinois
Place your dish in the middle of the oven and let your gratin dauphinois cook for 1 hour.
The key to success often lies in cooking, it must be long but at a low temperature, it is therefore important to monitor regularly.
The milk must be completely absorbed but everything must stay very smooth.
- Also find How to successfully grow potatoes
- Variation of gratin dauphinois: the gratin dauphinois with Comté
Photo © Jérôme Rommé