As a starter or main course, accompanied by a good salad, cabbage crumble is an original, easy and delicious recipe.
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 2 onions
- 1 romanesco cabbage
- 1 broccoli
- 80 g flour
- 50 g grated Emmental
- 80 g semi-salted butter
- 1 tsp. sesame
- 1 tsp. tablespoons of flax seeds
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Cabbage crumble recipe
Preheat the oven to 180 ° C (th.6).
- Peel and mince the onions.
- Wash and cut the cabbages.
- In a salad bowl, place the flour, Emmental, salt, half-salted butter cut into pieces, sesame, flax seeds and pepper.
- Mix with your fingertips until a smooth paste is obtained.
- In a large pot of salted water, cook the cabbage tops.
Check the doneness with the tip of a knife, the cabbage should be slightly firm.
Drain them, rinse them with cold water and then let them drain again.
Prepare a gratin dish or four mini dishes.
Arrange the semi-cooked vegetables and sprinkle with the crumble.
Bake and cook for 20 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
Learn more about Romanesco cabbage
Also called "apple broccoli", this ancient variety of cabbage is native to Italy (Rome). In France, it has only been cultivated en masse for about twenty years, especially in Brittany.
Its apple, compact and pointed, is bristling with multiple florets of geometric and pyramidal shapes, arranged in a spiral crown, giving an original and very aesthetic appearance.
Its flavor, sweet and sweet, is a delicious match for meat and fish. This cabbage can also be prepared in mash, risotto, pie, salad (raw), cream
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: C. Herlédan